The Awakening by Seward Johnson

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Goals and Ambitions

I suppose it is only right that I include a post about my hopes and expectations for this blog.  This probably should have been my very FIRST post that I wrote... however, better late than never, right?

MISSION:  To inspire the people of God to a greater appreciation and understanding of the character of God and the Kingdom of God.

GOALS:

  1. To create blogs that will help my readers to come to a point of awakening and introspection.
  2. To help break the world-created mold of who God is and how He works.
  3. To include useful and thought-provoking work that facilitates discussion both in my blog (leave me comments) and outside of my blog (in your real life).
  4. To improve the world's e-atmosphere, one reader at a time, which I hope will permeate through the e-world into the r-world (real-world).
  5. Finally, I hope to improve myself through this blog.  Just because I am the author does not mean that what I blog about are things I have overcome (necessarily) in my life; usually it's the opposite:  What I blog about are things that I am wrestling with, and publishing them helps me with my own awakening to who I really am in God and how I should work through my issues in life.


I hope that you, as readers, will comment on my blog postings whenever something inspires you to do so.  If I have touched your life by my thoughts and revelations, please leave me a comment saying how I have helped you.  It is not for my gratification that you leave a comment; rather it is so that my other readers can see that they are not alone in working through these same issues.  Hopefully the commonality of life's challenges will inspire other readers to step out of their comfort zone, and confront their own issues head-on.

No comments:

Post a Comment